It’s necessary for patients to be aware of the different services and privileges that the healthcare system can give them. Progressive Urgent Care – Modesto, your top provider of quality urgent care services in Modesto, California, is here to give you a brief overview of a patient’s Bill of Rights.
- You have the right to safe, effective, and affordable medication. Sara Rogers, PharmD, director of clinical affairs at the American Society of Pharmacovigilance, says that patients should consider utilizing online tools and applications to identify the lowest price for medicine/ medical treatment.
- You have the right to pay less for prescription drugs, using vouchers, coupons, and rebates. Make a habit of checking prescription pricing websites to look for money-saving coupons on commonly prescribed drugs.
- You have the right to appeal to your health insurance company should they deny coverage of a drug or treatment from a walk-in medical clinic in California.
- You have the right to shop around. Call different pharmacies or ask your medical clinic for advice on where to get the lowest price on prescription drugs.
- You have the right to ask your pharmacist for the lowest prices available on prescription medication.