The new school year is fast approaching and many parents are for sure gathering new school clothes and supplies for their kids. Aside from the essential clothing, one other thing parents should focus on is their children’s back-to-school checklists.
Here are a couple of ideas you should put on your list to keep your kids healthy:
- School lunch ideas. Planning and packing their food ahead is one great way to ensure that your child eats the right food with the right amount of nutrients.
- Vaccinations. Make sure that your child is up-to-date on the latest immunization. Schedule an appointment with your physician or visit a walk-in medical clinic in California.
- Practice road safety with them, especially if your child is walking or riding their bikes to school
- Make a ‘sick-day’ plan. Prepare a list of contacts for urgent care services in Modesto, California for when your child wakes up sick.
- Prepare for emergency medication. If your child has allergies which do not need an emergency medical treatment, make sure that the school nurse of the teacher has the medicine they need in hand.
Us at Progressive Urgent Care – Modesto hope this checklist is useful to you and that your child’s transition back-to-school is seamless!